Sunday, January 29, 2012

Jewelry picture frame DIY project .. A new way to store your precious jewls *Tutorial*

Hey lovelies,

How is everyone doing this beautiful Sunday?? Great I hope. =)
I am here today with a simple DIY project.
I will show you how I made this wonderful Jewelry frame.
Not only is it practical but it is super adorable and would go well with any decor.
This is what it looks like:


For this project you will need:
- A picture frame,
- Wooden Shish Kabob sticks,
- Hot glue,
- A sharpie,
- Something sharp to cut the sticks. ( I used a knife and it worked just fine. )


Start with a plan... Figure out how many rows you would like your frame to hold. ( this will depend on the amount of jewelries you want to store and the size of your frame. ) I went with two rows because I want my frame to hold nothing but my earrings ( I don't own many ) and my frame is fairly small.
 
Step 2: Measure your shish kabob sticks and draw a small line where it needs to be cut.
Step 3: Cut your sticks and glue them in place. I used hot glue but you can always use epoxy or something similar if you don't have a glue gun.

Wait a little while for the glue to to dry before applying any kind of weight to the sticks.
When your frame is ready, hang it on your wall and Enjoy. :)


Thanks for stopping by and I hope you enjoyed this little diy tutorial,
Kisses and fireworks,
Comme3pommes,
xx

2 comments:

  1. Nice. I want to one of these too for my kazillion earrings. I like hoops and dangly earrings but I keep in a big candy dish and when I want one pair I end up pulling out a jumbled mess HAHA. So I end up wearing my standby little gold hoops that I keep in my purse. I am gonna need a massive frame HA

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha .. I wish I had a Kazillion earrings :( I always LOOSE them. :S.. I cannot keep a pair of earrings for more then 3 months at a time..LOLLL

    ReplyDelete